Sunday, March 6, 2016

Emerson | 7 months


My sweet little ball of sunshine is 7 months!
 
Since I started going back to work part-time, Emerson has been going to the nursery at Ellie's preschool twice a week and she's doing really well. It was so hard to leave her at first, especially in a center like place rather than with a Nanny like we had for Ellie. Fortunately, she's doing great! I'm eager to see what new things she learns by spending time around other babies. I also may or may not look at the cameras one million and one times a day. ;)



 
| growth |
She's weighing in at a whopping 18 pounds. She's still rocking the size 3 diapers and 6 months clothes, but they're starting to get a bit snug so we've started adding 9 month clothes to the mix.
 
| eating |
She eats like a champ. Figures. She's nursing every 3ish hours during the day and usually twice at night (one dream feed, she wakes up the second time). She's eating pureed fruits and veggies during lunch and dinner. Depending on the meal, she's also eating some adult food. So far, she loves it all - especially all her veggie purees and any and all people food we offer her.
 
| sleeping |
The last couple nights she's been waking up a bit more.. which is fun. Teething maybe? But she's typically on a pretty good night schedule FINALLY (don't worry, I paid my dues). She goes down around 8, I dreamfeed her around 10 and again around 2ish when she wakes up. She'll go back down until around 5-6, I bring her to our bed to nurse and fall back asleep until 8ish. She hardly naps, but hey.. I'll take what I can get and a (mostly) restful night's sleep is it!


 
| personality |
She is super, super happy all the time. She's quite the hit at her new school. She doesn't sleep very well there (shocker), but her happy little self is loved by everyone. I love having such a happy baby, it makes life SO much easier! She is also starting to laugh a lot, especially when you tickle her (this girl is SOO ticklish, it's hilarious!).

| new developments |
 The biggest and most important is her first word - Mama!! Ellie's first word was Dada, so I'm happy that at least one of my kids thought of me first. ;) She's beginning to mumble quite a few other consonant sounds as well. She has just started to pull up on everything. I think it's about time to lower our pack n play and crib! She's starting to leap forward from a sitting position and either face plants or lands on all fours and begins rocking. No crawling yet though!
 
| likes |
Pulling up on everything, pulling any hair she can get her fingers around rather it be her sister, dog, or the lady in front of us at the grocery store, Mommy's jewelry, and all people food.
 
| dislikes |
Napping.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment