Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day Dreaming....


....about our future baby nursery.

I know people call me crazy, but I just know that this little Baby is a girl. Assuming that my intuition is correct, I've begun researching baby nurseries for inspiration. Since we're in the process of house hunting and we plan on being in a new home before the little one arrives (keep your fingers crossed!), we won't start working on a nursery any time soon. However, a girl can dream, right?

Alright, so this is more for a little girl, rather than a baby. However, I love the rustic chic feel. Darling!

Anyone that knows me knows that I love pink. I adore the super feminine and princess like vibe.

I am completely and 100% obsessed with stripes. Our nursery, boy or girl, will have at least one wall that has stripes. Simplicity, stripes, pink, and crown molding!? Yes, please! Although I must admit, I've seen nurseries where all 4 walls, top to bottom, are stripes and it's too hard on the eyes.

More stripes...two completely striped walls, max.

Pink and grey. Seriously digging this color combo. So pretty!

If we end up buying brown nursery furniture, I love the purple color combo.
 via

I love love love a light blend of various shades of pink. So precious and girly, but not over the top. 
I think this nursery may be at the very top of my list!
 via

This isn't quite as feminine as I'd want a girl nursery to be, but I love the modern, clean feel with a splash of green.
 via

This nursery seems to have the right amount of pink. It's very bright and airy, yet girly and sophisticated. This one is also at the top of my list.
via

I honestly haven't paid attention to baby boy nurseries, but I did come across this alphabet wall. If we have a boy, I think recreating this alphabet wall is an absolute must!
via

I have a feeling that deciding on a nursery theme, colors, bedding, decor, toys, frames, furniture,
and paint colors will take the life out of me (and JP!)!

1 comment:

  1. So I know that pink is a very girly color but I should have known that you would make a nursery completly decked out in pink! lol but for what its work I love that pink/grey combo nursery pic. So cute. I'm also a HUGE fan of alphabet walls (I have like 3 or 4 different ones pinned on pintrest. From your love may I also suggest for inspiration:

    http://www.littlecrowninteriors.com/royal_fairytale_pink_nursery.html

    http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/10/p_SIP933158.jpg

    :)

    ReplyDelete