Friday, June 6, 2014

10 weeks | Baby 2 .0

(originally written 5/17)
 
Well, here we go again!
 
I loved documenting my pregnancy with Ellie. Everything was so fresh in my memory at the time and I thought I'd never forget a single detail. Yet, here I am with a near 16 month old baby and I feel like the details are creeping further and further back in my memory.

I may or may not have started reading old baby bump blog posts and possibly even Ellie's birth story.
 
So, I couldn't imagine another pregnancy without the same documentation!
 
Honestly, it's really for my benefit, but I also enjoy sharing it with family and friends, both near and far. For those of you that take the time to read through the weekly posts, enjoy! :)

So, what's new?
This little Peanut's (sometimes referred to as P from here on out) vital organs are fully developed and starting to function. It's joints are beginning to move and P has already started to kick away, although it will still be some time before I feel it. P can swallow and both fingernails and peach fuzz are starting to appear. Finally, hands and feet are no longer webbed and more finger/toe like. Graduating from tadpole status. :)
 

How far along? 10 weeks
 
Baby's size? prune - a little over an inch in size
 
Total weight gain: 1ish pounds

Maternity clothes? A tiny bit. Y'all, it's UNREAL how much more quickly I've started to show with this baby. I mean, I know it's only bloat early on, but it's been ridiculous and so incredibly hard to hide. I got far too many questions from coworkers before I was ready to share the good news (at like 6 weeks!). With Ellie we didn't share the news until 14+ weeks, but this time it's been impossible. I've just recently started admitting it when people ask. I feel like it's more acceptable to wear a maternity shirt with a blump (half bloat, half bump) than a regular shirt in which it looks like I've eaten far too many donuts.

Sleep: Sucks. I wake up to pee a lot and it's hard to fall back asleep. I also wake up before my 6am alarm clock which is of course fabulous.

Best moment this past week: Date night with my little family was perfect! We went up to  the Scottsdale Quarter to eat at Grimaldi's, out for yogurt after, followed by splash pad fun for the babe.
 
Miss Anything? Feeling like myself. Normal sleep.

Movement: Nothing yet!
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I was nauseous the night before I found out I was pregnant this time AND we found out very early (3.5 weeks). I've been nauseous just about every single day since, though I *think* it's starting to ease up a bit. Food typically doesn't sound good, but there isn't one thing that seriously grosses me out. With Ellie, I couldn't stand the thought, smell, sight, or taste of chicken. I'm happy to say I've not had that problem this time around!

Labor Signs: nope!
 
Gender: I'm thinking girl, but it's obviously too soon to find out.

Symptoms: You name it, I have it. Though it's beginning to lessen, I was nauseous every morning/night, and it would come and go throughout the day. The oh so lovely headaches are back (definitely the worst part about pregnancy for me!). The bloat that started at like 6 weeks. The peeing. The constipation (I'm sure you wanted to know that part, right?). And I've got to get my level of irritation in check. I swear, some moments, I feel like a ticking time bomb!
 
Belly Button in or out? Definitely in!

Wedding rings on or off? on


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but anxious. I just don't feel like myself, which has been getting to me because I don't want it to affect my time with Ellie.


Looking forward to: This is the last week of school and I will officially take on my new stay at home mom title! :) AND I *think* I'm getting a slight glimpse of the end of the first tri tunnel.


10 weeks


I still can't believe I'm showing this much already. I had juuuust barely
started bloating at this point with Ellie. Ahhh!

And for comparison:
 
IS THIS REAL LIFE?

http://www.topbabyblogs.com/cgi-bin/topblogs/in.cgi?id=bfaith


No comments:

Post a Comment