Sunday, January 6, 2013

38 weeks

 
Ellie is 38 weeks and ready to go! She is about 7 pounds and 19.5 inches long. Ready and waiting.
 
At my appointment on Thursday I found out that I'm already 2cm dilated and at 80% effacement. My cervix is really soft and very "favorable." His words, not mine.
 
She's super, super low. In fact, Dr. Reuss said he could feel her head when he was checking me. I definitely freaked out when these words came from his mouth. It took a few seconds to register what exactly he was saying. He. could. feel. her. head. SHUT. UP!
 
He seems to think she'll be gracing us with her presence soon, although he didn't give me a time frame. I personally think this will be my last pregnancy post because I think she'll be here by the end of next weekend and I usually make my posts Sunday evenings. We shall see!
 
 I couldn't wait to tell JP all of this information. He's only missed 2 out of maybe 15 appointments: Best Husband/Daddy Award! We met up for lunch shortly after and I'm pretty sure our conversations when something along these lines:
 
(This was all on the phone on my way to meet him.
I could just imagine his facial expressions.)
 
Me: We're officially just playing the waiting game.
Him: How did it go?
Me: Well, I'm 2cm dilated. When I reach 10cm, I'm ready to push out a baby.
Him: Hmmm.
Me: I'm also at 80% effacement.
Him: Hmmm.
Me (sensing he didn't understand): That means my cervix is thinning out.
It will be at 100% when I'm ready to deliver.
Him: Wow.
Me: Okay, well I'll see you in a few minutes.
I decided to let all that sink in while he waited for me.
 
(I meet up with him for lunch.)
 
Him with a HUGE grin on his face: We're going to have a baby!
Me: I know, it's so crazy. I can't believe it's going to happen just about any day now. I can't believe how far I've progressed!
Him: Wait, so was he using his hands to check you?
Me in my most no big deal voice: Yep!
Him in the most curious, eager, and very matter-of-fact-like: Wait, so could he feel all of her hair???!?
 
LOL. Omg. I die.
 
My husband would be the one to worry about her hair.
 
 (During lunch.)
 
Me: So, I'm going out to dinner and to a movie with the girls on Saturday. You should go out with all your friends. It may be the last time before she arrives.
Him: Hmm. (he's clearly not listening)
Me: What do you think?
Him: I can't think of anything, but having a baby.
Me: hahaha
Him: Are you sure we have everything ready? Does anything else need to be done?
Me: We're all ready to go, pumpkin!
 
It's so cute. Seriously, his reaction to all of this is so, so funny. He's so excited, nervous, eager, and anxious all at the same time. He's going to make such a great daddy! :)
 
How far along? 38 weeks
Baby's size? a pumpkin!
Total weight gain:  29 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!
Sleep: I'm still up quite often and uncomfortable. I'm starting to get more contractions in the middle of the night that wake me up. However, having more time to sleep in general has made up for the not-so-awesome parts. I'm fully expecting it to go back to crap this week since I go back to work.
Best moment(s) this past week: Definitely my appointment on Thursday. Having the freedom to (attempt to) sleep in, shop when I wanted, and stay in pajamas all day if I wanted to this past week was pretty great too.
Miss Anything?  Nothing! Although I may or may not have already decided which sushi roles I plan on ordering for takeout post baby.
Movement: All the time!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new.
Cravings: I've been back on my fruit kick lately. I've also realized it's a carbonation fix that I need when I want a Coke. So, if a headache isn't involved and I'm craving carbonation, I've opted for Sprite. Less caffeine. Win win!
Labor Signs: I think I've already covered this one above. Ellie has dropped and I'm still having BH contractions. It also feels like she's going to fall out of me most of the time.
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms:  Nothing new. Although I do officially have the pregnancy waddle swag going on, particularly at night after I'm exhausted and sore.
Belly Button in or out? Definitely out, but it's still sort of itty bitty due to being stretched out.
Wedding rings on or off? on :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to:  Meeting our baby girl. I've been content on waiting this entire time, which I still am for work purposes alone. However, I'm not going to lie. I'm officially ready at the same time. I'm ready for this baby to grace us with presence. I'm not a very patient person, which doesn't mesh well with this whole waiting game deal. Come on, Baby!
 
 38 weeks: Mama
*mommy daddy is patiently waiting*
is what you'd see if I didn't take over the board
 
38 weeks: Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment