Sunday, January 13, 2013

39 weeks!

I truly wasn't expecting to make another weekly post, but here I am.
 
Baby Girl is 39 weeks.
And wants to continue being my inside Baby.
Definitely a very bittersweet feeling.
 
Our sweet Ellie Bean is at least 7 pounds and 20 inches long. There really aren't any new developments because all she's doing at this point is taking her sweet time gaining about a half pound each week.
 
How far along? 39 weeks
Baby's size? a watermelon! I carried a watermelon! Dirty Dancing, anyone? I'm literally carrying a watermelon and my gigantic belly doesn't fail to remind me so.
Total weight gain:  31 pounds, which means I'm definitely retaining water. There's not a chance I've truly gained 2 pounds this week. I haven't had much of an appetite and I've basically been forcing myself to eat so that Baby Girl gets her nutrition. There just isn't room for food in my belly.
Maternity clothes? Yes! And I'm over it. I want my wardrobe back stat.
Sleep: It's hasn't been too bad actually, minus the bathroom trips. The worst part about sleeping is when I have to get out of bed. It's quite the sight, let me tell you.
Best moment(s) this past week: This week was really busy (12+ hour days), but really great. I spent the whole week co-teaching and working with my long-term sub. I absolutely love her and I feel SO, SO much better about leaving my kiddos. As much as I want Ellie to grace us with her presence, I'm really glad I was able to spend all week with my sub.
Miss Anything?  Nothing new.
Movement: I still feel quite a bit of movement, but it's more wiggling than anything. Baby Girl is definitely running out of room.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new.
Cravings: Fruit. Sprite.
Labor Signs: The contractions have doubled this past week, both in frequency and length. I was sure that I would have progressed more. However, as of Thursday I am still 2cm and at 80% effacement. I was bummed to hear this news, but it can be expected. Women can walk around with little to no progress for weeks. They can also have zero progress and go into labor that night. Here's to hoping we have better news next Thursday OR even better! We won't make it to next Thursday. I told my OB that I planned on seeing him in the hospital next week, not his office. I hope I'm right.
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms:  Lots and lots of contractions. Just waiting for them to be frequent, painful, and long enough. They should be 5 minutes apart, last a minute in length, and go on for an hour. My doctor actually prefers 2 hours. We'll see how I feel once they're coming on this strong. I don't know that I'll want to wait 2 hours before heading to the hospital.
Belly Button in or out? Out, but still itty bitty.
Wedding rings on or off? on :) So glad I haven't had to take these off.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to:  Meeting our baby girl!!! It's really funny how much my perspective has changed over the last couple of weeks. I went from not being ready and wanting to keep her to myself to let's go baby! I'd be lying if I said I weren't hoping that she comes before 9am tomorrow morning - before my 50 minute formal observation with all 3 admin. Send all of your labor vibes this way y'all. This mama could use them! :)
 
 39 weeks: Mama
 
39 weeks: Ellie
PS. Vote for my baby blog! Click on the Top Baby Blog box on the right hand of the screen.
Thanks, friends.
 
Have a great week! Hopefully my next post is a birth announcement. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment