Thursday, June 18, 2015

Emerson | 5 months

My sweet Emerson babe is FIVE months!!
Guys.. they weren't kidding when they said time goes by quickly. I feel like it's going by even faster than it did with Ellie which is not okay! With Em's deep hatred for sleep, she has just about solidified the idea of a third child. Ain't gonna happen, people. So, I need time to just go ahead and stop so that I can enjoy every last second of this little babe, likely my last.






 
Starting to sit up!

| growth |
She's weighing in at about 17 pounds.
 
| eating |
She's still my little snacker. I try hard to space out her feedings, but sometimes.. it just doesn't work. I need to get better about putting forth more effort here.
 
| sleeping |
I LOVE this little peanut so, so much.. but OH MY GOSH. You guys. This kid hates sleeping!!! Her naps are down to maybe 30 minutes a day and that usually includes me going back in to get her back to sleep at least once. I honestly lose track how often she wakes during the night. But it's a lot. I am exhausted. 5ish hours of sleep has become the new norm. Unfortunately.
 
| personality |
Well, as much as we struggle in the world of sleep, she certainly (almost) makes up for it with her happy, bubbly personality. Everywhere we go, people are always commenting on how she's the happiest, most smiley baby. That's the truth. She let's random people she's never met hold her and she still smiles away. It's so refreshing after having a baby that wouldn't let a soul touch her unless it was mom or dad.

| new developments |
 She's rolling a ton from belly to back and occasionally from tummy to back. She's sitting up for short periods of time, though it's never more than a minute before she face plants. She can officially hold her own bottles as well.
 
| likes |
Her first love, mama, still remains. But she also loves watching Ellie and Lily play around the house, being worn (this is the only time she'll sleep for more than a 30 minute span), sitting up and standing, being talked to, and baths.
 
| dislikes |
SLEEP.
 
--pictures from this past month--









This was from Mother's Day.. and poor Ellie was super sick, hence her missing from these photos.




 


1 comment: