Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Half Birthday!

Someone..
Puh-leeeze tell me how it's possible!

 
How on Earth do I have a 6 MONTH OLD?!
 
Toady is Ellie's half birthday!
It also happens to be Grandpa Weide's birthday - Happy Birthday, Grandpa (Dad!)
Wasn't January just, like, yesterday?
 
Our sweet, little (read: not so little) bean is developing into such a little girl. It amazes me not only how quickly time has gone by but how BIG she is! I see pictures of friends that have recently had babies, many bigger than Ellie was and it's hard for me to remember her being that small. It makes me so sad! I don't want those memories to be so far away that they slip my mind.
 
Just look at this sweet princess!
We are so, so lucky.

 
In the past month Ellie....
 
still wakes up twice a night - I'm beginning to think it will never change!
has started the BLW (baby led weaning) process, just last night in fact
likes avocados
loves broccoli!
weighs approximately 19 pounds (her 6 month pediatrician appointment is Monday)
officially has a nanny
loves her nanny!
sits up like a champ
rolls daily, but still only tummy to back
barely has enough hair to wear little bow clips
loves cuddling, especially with mommy
falls asleep while touching/rubbing mommy's face when cuddling
grabs at everyone's faces, especially our noses
gives kisses!!!! :)
likes to twirl mommy's hair while nursing
still jumps like crazy in her jumperoo
is SO BIG that she doesn't need anything underneath the jumperoo in order to touch the ground
enjoys eating reading books
loves to grab (and eat) absolutely e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g
is wearing 6 and 9 month clothes
is wearing size 3 diapers
still takes 3, sometimes 4 naps a day
loves Micky Mouse Clubhouse and her Baby Signing video
has gone on her first vacation
would play in the bath all. day. long. if we'd let her
LOVES splashing (read: making a water mess!)
loves the pool and swimming
really likes sitting outside, even if it's a bazillion degrees outside

 






 
My Little Greenbean,
You continue to amaze us daily and we try not to take even one second for granted. Now that Mama has gone back to work, I can't get enough of you when I get home. If you're napping, it takes every ounce of self control to not wake you up. I just want to soak in every minute I can. It's been (really, really) tough, but you've been so happy to see me when I get home. Thankfully, we're leaving you in great hands each day and it's made the transition easier - for both you and mama us. You seem to be extra happy in the evenings now and it's obviously because you're just so happy to have us home! :) Your little personality is sweet, yet sassy and it's been such a blessing to watch you grow. Thank you for being the happiest, sweetest, silliest, smiliest (a Brittanyism), most perfect baby I know.
 
Happy Half Birthday, Sweetheart!
 
Love, Mama
 


It's been a minute - help us out and vote! :)

The Friday Baby Shower

1 comment:

  1. Love her Britt! I can understand how you feel like the luckiest mommy in the world. It must feel so surreal. :)

    Enjoy every second!


    xo
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete