Monday, July 8, 2013

Butterscotch Lactation Cookies

I'll be the first to admit that I was skeptical of whether or not lactation cookies really boosts a woman's supply. However, I was am desperate to pump and store as much milk as I can in preparation for me going back to work in a couple of weeks. So far I have over 500 ounces of frozen milk! Regardless, I wanted to get even more and sure enough, I'm definitely seeing a boost in my  weight supply. I eat 2-3 cookies each day and I'm getting anywhere between 3-5 extra ounces. Yeeeah buddy!

 
I figured they'd taste good, but I honestly had no idea that they'd be this good! While they are in fact delicious, they do not assist in project-get-back-into-bikini-shape-asap. Not to mention this recipe makes a HUGE batch so I had to freeze some. Anyway, they're awesome, easy to make, and I highly recommend them! I tweaked a recipe I found online and this is what I came up with.
 
Butterscotch Oatmeal Lactation Cookies
 
4 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoons of flax seed meal
1 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons of brewer's yeast
3 cups oats
1 1/2 cups of butterscotch chips

 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the flax seed and water, let sit
3. Beat the coconut oil, sugar, and brown sugar
4. Add the eggs and mix
5. Add the flax seed mix and vanilla, then beat until well blended
6. Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, and brewer's yeast
7. Add the dry ingredients to the coconut oil mix
8. Add the oats and butterscotch chips
9. Scoop onto a baking sheet
10. Bake for approximately 16 minutes each (for larger sized cookies)
 
Enjoy! :)
 
**Like I said, this recipe makes a TON of cookies, rather you make them big or small.
I'd recommend making them and freezing some or cutting the recipe in half. 

VOTE! Please and thank you. :)

Friday Baby Shower

2 comments:

  1. So excited to try these! Can you believe I'm having my fourth child and I have never heard of lactation cookies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab recipe. I don't need the lactation cookies any longer but I must get back into eating flax seed it's so great all round. Alice x

    ReplyDelete