Sunday, February 1, 2015

Emerson | 1 month

To be fair, I sat down and started this post before Em was even a month old. But blogging with two babies and playdates and being a wife and maintaining a household takes up every second of my day!

I can't believe my itty bitty peanut is already (over) a month old!
It's definitely been an adjustment going from a family of 3 to 4, but she's the perfect little addition to our family and I wouldn't have it any other way!



Ellie insisted on helping out..




 
| growth |
We had a her one month appointment this morning and she weighed in at 10.6 pounds (62%) and 22.5 inches long (87%).
 
| eating |
Em nurses like a champ. I nurse her on demand, so she isn't on a specific schedule. She tends to go every couple hours during the day and she nurses 2-3 times a night.
 
| sleeping |
She sleeps in the rock n' play right next to our bed, but I tend to bring her into our bed around 4 or 5 am. One, I'm tired and nursing and sleeping at the same time is just as great as it sounds. Two, she sleeps better in our bed. Three, I'm trying to savor every last baby cuddle I can get in the event that this is my last baby. She usually, not to be confused with always, does one long 4-5 hour stretch around 9pm, so she's up around 1-2, then again around 4 and 6.
(unsolicited advice about co-sleeping is not welcome)
 
| personality |
Emerson is such an easy going, happy, go with the flow baby. We did have a rough couple of weeks, but have since learned she has silent reflux and her meds have made a world of a difference.

We're also officially back to our regular schedule with our playgroup, baby gym classes, and other errands/activities. So, we're out and about every day and staying busy doesn't seem to phase her. I wear her a TON, which she loves and makes life with two under two so much easier!

| new developments |
 She's super ticklish and has started smiling when you tickle her belly or neck. She has pretty good head control when we hold her or she's on our chests, but she's not a fan of tummy time yet.
 
| likes |
She loves sleeping on our chests, the magical(!!!!) Mamaroo, her vibrating bouncer, laying on her side to sleep, baths, cuddling in our bed, and when Mama wears her.
 
| dislikes |
She doesn't like being cold or hungry.


And some pictures from this past month... :)











 


Emmy's first Christmas will get its own post entirely following this one!


Emerson's first bath.. and of course big sister had to help out!




first trip to the zoo


eating the batter making brownies with Ellie




meeting her BFF, Olivia






first bottle with Daddy and Ellie, who's obviously thrilled








 Happy One Month, Peanut Pie!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany! This is Suzanne from The Bump/Facebook. I'm not sure if you remember me since I no longer participate but I had bookmarked your blog when we were sharing them. I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your baby girl. She is absolutely beautiful with that dark head of hair. You look so wonderful as well! Do you mind sharing what type of camera you have? Your pics are just perfect. Thanks! I hope y'all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete