Sunday, December 2, 2012

33 Weeks! Guess what!

I get to have a baby NEXT month.
How crazy is that?!

Baby Girl is 33 weeks and feeling the LOVE.
 
My mom and mother-in-law hosted my baby shower today and oh. my. gosh. I feel SO blessed. There are so many people that love this sweet girl so much already. I am so grateful to be surrounded by such a wonderful family and group of friends. More details and pictures to come!
 
Eliana definitely weighs more than 4 pounds and she's more than 17 inches long from head to toe. As she continues to gain lb.'s, her skin becomes less and less wrinkled and red. The bones in her body continue to harden. However, the bones in her skull still aren't completely formed together. No, it's not because she's supposed to look like an alien. This will allow her bones to overlap as they squeeze through the birth canal. In fact, most babies are born with a cone like head that goes away after a few days for this exact reason. That's about it folks. Ellie continues to gain adorable little ounces of baby fat. The final countdown is going real, real fast. She's going to be here before we know it!

Really quick - I learned a couple of fascinating facts today. Babies are born with 300 bones. While our bodies have 206, since there are so many bones that aren't fused together while in the womb, a baby is technically born with 300. They're also born without knee caps. Interesting, huh?

How far along? 33 weeks!
Baby's size? a durian fruit - don't ask me what this is!
Total weight gain: 25 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!
Sleep: Sleep. What's that? My dreams have also been out of this world. JP has been the witness to this craziness!
Best moment(s) this past week: The NESTING phase has not only hit me like a ton of bricks, but my sweet, sweet husband has definitely entered his own little nesting phase. He's cleaned out, donated, and organized so many closets, drawers, and shelves this past week, it's cuh-razy! He's been so helpful and I absolutely love him for it. All of these instances definitely qualify as a "best moment." However, my baby shower today tops the list hands down.
Miss Anything? There honestly isn't anything new. Sushi. Being comfy. My wardrobe. Laying on my stomach. Wine. I'm definitely not complaining, but I have no need to add new things to the list. These are the things I've been more than willing to give up for the health of our little babe, but I will certainly be glad when they're all once again present in my life. :)
Movement: All the time. :) The movement has really started to change over the past week. While I've been feeling jabs, pokes, and kicks for well over 10 weeks, they've become much more intense. She's running out of room in there, so instead of a swift kick, I feel her entire body parts moving across my belly. It's an indescribable feeling and even crazier to see. My stomach almost flips upside down - very butterfly like feeling. It's very evident that I have a large little human in there.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. Still not fond of meat for the most part.
Cravings: I've been on a banana kick lately, but I'm not sure I'd call it a craving.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions come and go.
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms: Waking up frequently and early each morning. My body is definitely preparing for the sleepless nights to come! I've been getting more and more leg and foot cramps. They wake me up in the middle of the night and I have to walk around to make them go away.
Belly Button in or out? It's definitely out, but I think it's stretching. I'm pretty sure it's going to somewhat disappear in the next week or two.
Wedding rings on or off? on :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Super happy!
Looking forward to: This week! It may or may not be the busiest week of my life, I look forward to each day. I'm excited to pick up the last of the items we need and to also finish the nursery next weekend as well. Ohh...and winter break in 3 weeks!!!
 
33 weeks: Mama
 
33 weeks: Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment