Monday, December 24, 2012

36 weeks


36 weeks (and 1 day).
27 days to go.
Holy freaking Batman!
 
Ellie is close to 6 pounds if she isn't already and at least 18.5 inches long. The downy hair and vernix caseosa (cheesy like substance protecting her skin) is starting to disappear. Well, it's not technically disappearing. She swallows it and it will make its appearance in her first diaper surprise, known as meconium (think black sticky tar like poo). Most of the bones in her skull have hardened. She's just about ready folks. I'll be full term next weekend!
 
How far along? 36 weeks, 1 day (I spent yesterday lounging around, catching up on sleep, and wrapping presents. Therefore, I didn't dare change out of my pajamas or put on makeup. Hence, the day late post/photo.)
Baby's size? a honeydew
Total weight gain:  27.5 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!
Sleep: This past week was by far the worst. I've pretty much given up. Luckily, I'm now on winter break. So, if I'm able to sleep in or take naps, you better believe I will take advantage of every second I can.
Best moment(s) this past week: Mhmm. I think the last couple of days at work have been extra great. I seriously love, love, love my school, my team, and my kids. While I'm so excited to take time off to be home with our little girl, I've finally reached a point in my career where I truly LOVE everything about my job. Each of the past 5 years have had their ups and downs - not always bad, but not always good either. It's officially just about always good now. I take that back, there was a "best moment!" We finally hired my long-term and I absolutely love her!! That was such a BIG weight lifted off my shoulders!
Miss Anything?  I've gone from sleeping on my belly, to simply sleeping. I know that's long gone for quite a while, but I certainly do miss it.
Movement:  She's still my crazy energizer bunny. I swear this girl keeps going..and going..and going. In fact, her being wide awake in the middle of the night is the main reason sleeping has been so awful this week. I just want a tiny liiiittle bit more time to enjoy my sleep. Come on, Baby Girl!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new.
Cravings: Nothing new.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions come and go. I get them once a day or so, usually at night.
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms:  Several charlie horses every single night, no sleep, and daily heartburn. I'm 36 weeks. Sounds about right. 
Belly Button in or out? It's out and still stretching.
Wedding rings on or off? on :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to:  So many things. Life is good, friends. In no particular order:

Christmas Eve celebrations tonight
Christmas Day with family
Ultrasound on Thursday (to monitor/check on E's kidneys)
Two week winter break
Finishing up the last minute details for Baby Girl -- 3 things left to do, hallelujah!
(install carseats, pack hospital bag, and interview/select a pediatrician)

 
36  weeks: Mama

36 weeks: Ellie

2 comments:

  1. I remember the first diaper, the tar poo (or thick dark chocolate pudding). Poor Kenzie got it everywhere! It was up her back and belly, onto her chin and the back of her head (and all the way down her legs). We had to cut her clothes off!! Oh the memories and fun stories :)

    You're a doll, Brittany! I'm very excited to soon see pictures of your sweet baby. I very much enjoy reading your updates!

    --Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comments, Hillary! We're so excited. It won't be long and I'll move on over from the weekly bump updates to updates on our sweet Ellie Bean. :) Thanks for following the blog!!

    ReplyDelete