Sunday, December 30, 2012

FULL-TERM

37 weeks and officially full term!
So, basically, ready or not, here we go! Eliana can grace us with her presence anytime now and it would be considered completely acceptable and she'd be a regular-term baby, as opposed to pre-term if she were to come before 37 weeks. At our appointment with Dr. Reuss last week, he said to be prepared because she could honestly come anytime within the next four weeks. Well, the obvious thought is duh. Of course she'll be here within the next 4 weeks, give or take. However, when he said it, it became more real. Well, now we're down to 3 weeks. Even MORE real.
I still think she'll be early. We shall see. Dr. Reuss will check to see if I'm dilated on Thursday.
I've started to have more consistent contractions. While not near enough to be in labor, it's definitely made things settle in for JP. Christmas night I had quite a few. He panicked in the cutest and most excitedterrifiednervousanxiousbutadorable way as humanly possible. His response to the frequent contractions? We're selecting a pediatrician and packing our hospital bags tomorrow.
What did I do the next day?
Selected a pediatrician and packed our hospital bags.
Anyway, onto our sweet girl. She is of course full-term and therefore her itty bitty body is ready for the outside world. Her immune system will still be weak for the first couple of years. Meaning, I will ask every single person that wants to hold her to wash their hands first. I'm excited for everyone to meet our little bean, but I may or may not be a completely neurotic first time mom at first. Actually, who am I kidding?! I will definitely be crazy, let's be honest.

The books say she should weigh 6 1/3 pounds. At our anatomy scan on Thursday they estimated 6 pounds 6 ounces. She also has a complete head full of hair. This is exciting, obvi. They didn't estimate her length, but she should be at least 19 inches or so head to toe. They were able to catch a glimpse of her itty bitty rolls by her knees. Omg. So cute. Melt my heart!
 
How far along? 37 weeks - FULL TERM!
Baby's size? a winter melon
Total weight gain:  28 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!
Sleep: Not working has provided me with more time to sleep, which has of course been amazing. Quality sleep, eh. I'm still working on this one.
Best moment(s) this past week: Christmas was amazing, but exhausting. We'll definitely be changing up our routine next year with a nearly one-year old in tow. While Ellie's kidneys aren't 100% perfect, knowing that she will be fine and won't have any issues upon birth is a huge relief and certainly qualifies as a best moment this past week. You can read about this update here.
Miss Anything?  The days when people didn't ask if I were having twins. While I certainly have quite the baby bump, I don't think it qualifies as that of a mama with twins.
Movement: All the time!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new.
Cravings: Nothing new. I gave into a whole lot of cravings this week. I fully expected to gain several pounds, but apparently not. I only gained .5 this week.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions are definitely becoming more frequent, which is equivalent to JP's moments of excitement (read: panic).
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms:  The heartburn and leg cramps/Charlie horses have somewhat subsided (knock on wood!). I'm just uncomfortable, particularly in the afternoons and at night when she's so active. She decides to curl up into a little ball on the ENTIRE right side of my stomach. It's fun. Especially when I'm trying to sleep.
Belly Button in or out? It's out and just enough so that people decide to make it their topic of conversation. Fun.
Wedding rings on or off? on :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to:  Spending New Years with friends - even if I am back home and sleeping by 1:00. :) Life has been so, so great and I can honestly say I've never been happier. At this rate, 2013 is guaranteed to be amazing! I'm of course looking forward to Baby Girl's big debut as well. I'm becoming more and more okay with the idea that she'll be here so soon (well, any day now really). I still think I'm really going to miss having her to myself and being pregnant, but the excitement of her joining our little family definitely outweighs the selfish, anxious, and nervous feelings.

the nursery is done
bags are packed
car seats have been installed
our pediatrician has been selected
birth plan is ready to go
books have been read
classes have been taken
Now...we play the waiting game.

37  weeks: Mama
37 weeks: Ellie

1 comment:

  1. You are adorable! I'm a new follower and am 37 weeks pregnant today. Looking forward to reading the rest of your updates and your little girl is precious!

    ReplyDelete