Monday, December 10, 2012

34 weeks

Our sweet girl is 34 weeks!
6 more weeks to go.
42 days.
(Actually, I'm late on this post. So, less than 6 weeks OR 41 days to go.)
Craazy.

According to the books, Ellie weighs close to 5 pounds and is approximately 18 inches long. She's becoming rounder and more plump (read: fat - good baby fat :). Her skin is super smooth. I don't know about you, but I looove me some soft yummy smelling baby skin!

Her nervous system and lungs continue to develop and they're becoming more and more ready for the outside world. Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks typically do a short stay in the NICU, but are generally fine without any health issues. Good to know, although we definitely expect this little bean to stay put for at least 3 more weeks. Holy Batman! I only have 3 more weeks to go until I'm full-term! Finally, she will likely "drop" soon. I'm not sure that I'll notice the difference. They say you can feel it and some may even be able to tell by looking at me. We shall see!
 
How far along? 34 weeks (and 1 day)
Baby's size? a butternut squash (or large cantaloupe)
Total weight gain: 26 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!
Sleep: I miss this so-called sleep thing. I get at least 7 hours each night, but it doesn't feel like quality sleep. I lose count of how many times I wake up throughout the night. Getting in and out of bed gets harder and harder each night. It takes more energy and consciousness. So, by the time I'm back in bed, it takes me twice as long to fall back asleep.
Best moment(s) this past week: This last week may have been the busiest I've had in I don't even know how long. Busy, but great! My favorite part was spending Saturday with my mom. We spent the entire day shopping AND I finished buying just about every last thing we need for Ellie. If she were to come tonight (and with any potential preterm complications aside), we'd technically be ready. My husband also brought home a beautiful bouquet of white roses tonight. Points! :) 
Miss Anything? Coach House during the Christmas season. We stopped by Saturday night after dinner with friends, hoping it wouldn't be too busy before 9:00. We were wrong. Next year I suppose. :)
Movement: ALL the time. I can't help but wonder how big this girl is now. I know the books say close to 5 pounds. I'm thinking more like at least 5. The movements are just SO intense and visible. I've captured some good video footage that I can't wait to show her someday. We have another detailed scan on the 27th just to follow up on her kidneys. I'm excited to see how much she's grown!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. Still not fond of meat for the most part. Although I have noticed that I get full rather quickly. My stomach is apparently running out of room.
Cravings: My drink-a-coke-to-cure-a-headache trend has turned into a craving I think. We go out to dinner and I find myself ordering a coke - sans the headache. I don't do this often for the simple caffeine factor. However, it's definitely super strange. I've never been a soda drinker, other than with a little Jack. :) Even then, I always drank diet. Now, I want REAL Coke?! Strange.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions come and go.
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms: The leg cramping and peeing are out. of. control. folks. Lower back/upper butt cramps are also lame sauce. 
Belly Button in or out? It's out on the inside, but stretching. I still think it's going to completely disappear.
Wedding rings on or off? on :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, especially now that the nursery is almost complete!
Looking forward to: Although it's basically done, I can't wait for the nursery to be 100% complete (minus the paint of course - we're waiting until we move for that step). We're still waiting for the glider that we special ordered from Buy Buy Baby. I believe it should be here by the end of December. I need to order a pink rug and a few prints for the wall frames from Etsy stat. I'm also excited to see all my little kiddos perform in their winter show tomorrow night. :)
 
34 weeks: Mama
 
34 weeks: Ellie




 

2 comments:

  1. It is really amazing how fast time has gone by! I am 35 weeks today so not to much longer for either one of us! You look amazing, good luck with the night time struggles, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. We're almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete