Wednesday, January 1, 2014

10 months!

My beautiful little pumpkin baby is 10 months old!
(this was obviously written well over a month ago)

They weren't kidding, folks.
TIME FLIES.


Ellie's latest and greatest:

has 2 teeth
crawls like a maniac everywhere!
pulls herself up onto everything
can legit sit for an entire episode of MMCH without blinking budging
(Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for my non-mama friends)
Disclaimer: we don't let her watch this much tv, it's on occasion folks
weighs about 23 pounds
can finally drink out of a sippy cup
tries (keyword) to climb up onto things
LOVES water
eats 3 meals and 2+ snacks a day
although it hasn't replaced her love for the boob
still takes two decent naps a day
walks along pretty much anything and everything she can
moved up to the next level at Gymboree
sort of waves and high-fives, but I'm still trying to decide if she understands or it's a fluke
still wakes up once (occasionally twice) a night
I've been told breastfed babies can take up a year to sleep through the night - grrrreat
 is so spoiled - her Christmas gifts are already taking over the guest bedroom

For the record, it is getting increasingly difficult to take pictures of a baby that sits still. It was so much easier to manipulate her poses and the camera when she didn't move. 
Hence, the quality, isn't quite up to par.

The pictures start out like this... stone cold fridge face.


Finally, I do something funny.
Then, I have to offer her food.

And, then a toy break...

Alright, this isn't working. Time to lay you down, Baby. You.will.not.move.

Just kidding. Back to the toys.


Window break!


Finally, she stopped moving.
I think she's checking out her Buddha belly.

Just kidding. She found the iPad. Then, somehow opened the videos - on her own. Seriously.
And didn't budge for a solid 5 minutes while I pressed replay 528 times.

Daddy on the iPad?!
Mind.blown.


And that's it folks. I wish I could say I took all these photos in a five minute time period.
But then I'd be lying.
It may or may not have taking an hour to get these stellar photos.

It's a good thing she's cute.

My Beautiful Baby,

You're such a sweet little girl with a bit of drama queen on the side. While you're pretty easy going about most things, you make it quite clear when you want (to continue walking) or don't want (anymore food). We love seeing these little personality traits develop. We're so excited to have you here this holiday season to join in our love for the holidays. If I thought the holidays were great before, I'm a million more times excited to have you with us this year. I'm really starting to struggle with the fact that you're just two months shy of turning a year old. This has been the best year of my life and I've been in denial (hence, I've failed to start planning your birthday party - I just haven't been ready). But at the same time, I equally look forward to what's to come. Each night after I nurse you before bed, you're not quite asleep and while you typically want to lay down in your crib to fall asleep, I've been rocking you for 10-15 minutes. You're wide awake and we just quietly rock together, listening to your little hums. This has been my favorite moment of each day lately. It's not too often that you just want to lay and snuggle anymore (other than first thing in the morning), so I'm taking FULL advantage of these moments. I may or may not do this same thing (against your will if need be) when you're 16. Just a forewarning, if you will. I love you, Sweet Baby Girl.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment