Monday, August 6, 2012

16 weeks of BUMP


I'm 16 weeks today, which is basically (okay, not really) 4 months. That seriously blows my mind. I can't believe I'm this far already! There aren't too many extra exciting things happening to Baby M this week. However, she (which should be confirmed relatively shortly) is about 4.5 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces. She's looking more and more like a regular baby these days - her eyes and ears are getting closer to their final positions. Finally, her tiny itty bitty heart is already pumping 25 quarts of blood a day!

How far along? 16 weeks
Baby's size? an avocado - this will make daddy happy! I'm pretty sure he would make avocados and guacamole its own food group if he were allowed to.
Total weight gain: 4.75 pounds
Maternity clothes? Still rocking the belly band and cute maternity tops once in a while.

Sleep: Sleeping and occasional bathroom trips seem to be going well. What's not going well? Waking up early. I've been on my work schedule for two weeks now and I'm struggling folks. I'm basically dead by 7:00 every. single. night. I think my poor husband misses his wife.

Best moment this past week: I loved meeting all of my 3rd graders on Thursday! We had Open House and 26 out of 27 of my kiddos showed up. They're adorable and I'm so excited for this school year! I also spent a lot of time with JP on Saturday and Sunday, which was VERY much needed. I love my man long time. :)
Miss Anything? sushi!!!
Movement:
nope - hopefully soon!
Food cravings: My appetite is picking up and I'm hungry ALL the time. So really, I'm pretty much loving all food all the time (other than meat, those issues are still lurking).
Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken!
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender Prediction: girl - we find out in two weeks!
Symptoms: The headaches have mostly faded, which is beyond amazing!!!!!!! Other than that and every part of my body changing and growing , the so called symptoms haven't been around much. :)
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I think I'm happy most of the time, but I've also been so busy and exhausted, I honestly don't think I've had time to feel any emotion.

Looking forward to: Starting class with all of my kiddos today!

16 weeks
I think I've officially popped my friends! Please excuse the lack of makeup.

It's kind of ironic that I've really wanted to pop, yet I'm so nervous about becoming HUGE. JP and I went to dinner last week and mid bite - no joke, I found myself (or perhaps JP) noticed that I was completely 100% STARING - not glancing, side eyeing, looking over my shoulder, or even pretending - to look at this pregnant woman. She seriously could have looked directly at me and I wouldn't have turned away. Anyway, she was SO big. She had to have been at least 8 but probably 9 months pregnant.  

I signed up for this and I will try really hard to embrace my size with every ounce of my being, but oh. my. gosh. I'm going to be HUGE. I'm asking now, in advance, that all my friends and family be nice to me and tell me I look fabulous even though, let's be honest, I know y'all will think I look like a blimp.
It's been a while, so I figured I'd share what Baby M is looking like nowadays.  She (or maybe he - although not likely) is growing away! As if this wasn't obvious based on the above picture.
Well, here goes! Day 1 with my 3rd graders. Happy Monday, friends! :)

2 comments: