Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vegas!

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
Ain't that the truth?!
Until your friends take pictures on their phones. Those come back with you! ;)
 
JP and I took a quick trip to Vegas this past weekend. Our good friends, Katie and Ken, are getting married in a couple of weeks and they both celebrated their final days of freedom with Bachelor/Bachelorette parties in Vegas.
 
While we're both in the wedding party, we originally had no intentions of going to Vegas and leaving a TEN week old baby (holy moly - where is time going??!) at home. Both groups planned to leave Friday morning and not get home until late Sunday night. That was just way too long to leave our sweet bean behind, especially since I'm exclusively breast feeding. However, about a month ago we decided we'd make a quick less than 24 hour trip to surprise them. We only told the Maid of Honor and one of the other Groomsmen of our secret plans. My mom so kindly agreed to stay with our girl, at our house, in Ellie's surroundings, and with plenty of pumped milk in the fridge. We caught a flight out Saturday night and took a flight back home Sunday morning.
This surprise was going to be epic! And oh my gosh, was it!
 
It was really quick, but oh, so much fun!
 
The Bride :)
 
 


 
I really, really missed my sweet girl. I thought about her the whole time and kept in touch with my mom throughout the short trip. I managed to make it all the way until the flight home without crying. I lost it on the flight though. I just couldn't get home soon enough!
 
While the trip was short and sweet, it will definitely be a long time before I'm ready to leave my girl for more than 24 hours. While I wouldn't take it back, it was tough leaving her y'all!
 
Next up..the Bridal Shower and Wedding!
 
Vote!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment