Friday, June 6, 2014

12 weeks | Baby 2 .0

What's new?
Peanut has developed reflexes and will likely move if I start poking at my belly.
I may or may not have already tried this.
Peanut can open and close its hands and wiggle its toes.
Her* brain is rapidly developing and her eyes and ears are in place.
She's even weighing in at a whopping half an ounce!
 
*Disclaimer: Guys. I'm trying really hard to not refer to baby as a she/her, but it's becoming increasingly difficult. So, please bare with me. I'll apologize (who am I kidding - probably go back and edit) later if I'm wrong. :)



How far along? 12 weeks
 
Baby's size? plum - a little over 2 inches
 
Total weight gain: Not sure since we're on vaca, but I have a feeling at least 3 or 4. Eating out for every single meal and nightly dessert does not do a body good!

Maternity clothes? Yep. I can still wear all of my normal clothes, but I continue to wear the occasional maternity shirt.

Sleep: Hasn't been the greatest. I have pregnancy insomnia and it sucks. Bad. The blackout curtains in Ellie's room are hardly working, so little Miss is up by 7am which is always fun.

Best moment this past week: My appointment with Dr. Reuss was SO great. Peanut was moving, bouncing, kicking, and waving like crazy! I don't ever remember seeing Ellie be so active on the u/s screen. Our Cali vacation (which we're currently on) has been pretty great so far as well! Seeing Ellie on the beach for the first time tops the list. The girl loooves the water. And the sand. And the birds. And eating the sand. And touching and stepping on everylittlething.
 
Miss Anything? I haven't really missed alcohol up until this point, but I could reeeally go for a nice little cocktail or a cold Dos Equis on the beach right about now!

Movement: I'm becoming more and more convinced that I feel some swimming like movement inside. It reminds me of when Ellie would move from one side of my belly to another, only it's not visible from the outside or nearly as strong. It's not the jabbing sort of feeling, but just wiggly little movements inside. It's weird, but with how consistent and frequent it's been, I just know it's baby. :)
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. In fact, I've had my random red meat cravings (I normally despise red meat) like I did with Ellie. I've had two cheeseburgers so far. WEIRD.

Labor Signs: nope!
 
Gender: I'm thinking girl, but it's obviously too soon to find out.

Symptoms: My biggest one at the moment is exhaustion. I'm SO tired all.the.time. yet I also have insomnia and struggle sleeping. There are a few other random symptoms, but I'll spare y'all the details. The good news is that the nausea seems to be fading!! Hallefreakinglujah!
 
Belly Button in or out? Definitely in, but it's already looking a little different inside. Not a fan.

Wedding rings on or off? on


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, with a slight case of moody. Or maybe anxiety is a better term at the moment.


Looking forward to: Our NT scan on Friday, though I'm nervous! As long as all goes well, we plan on announcing this little Peanut.

12 weeks

| taken on the beach since I'm not home to take a chalkboard picture |


Between staying home and being pregnant again, I definitely plan to focus on my blog some more. So, help a Mama out by voting, will ya?
http://www.topbabyblogs.com/cgi-bin/topblogs/in.cgi?id=bfaith
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany, congrats! I am impressed with your chalkboard lettering skills, you should totally do a post about that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had a few people request that, actually. I'll try to have a chalkboard tutorial posted within the next week or two. :)

      Delete