Friday, June 6, 2014

11 Weeks | Baby 2 .0

 What's new?
This week Peanut is moving around like crazy.
P has started developing tooth buds, hair follicles, and nail beds.
Although P's skin is still transparent, it will start to develop color soon.

How far along? 11 weeks
 
Baby's size? lime - over 1.5 inches in size
 
Total weight gain: 2 pounds

Maternity clothes? Yep. I can still wear all of my normal clothes, but I continue to wear the occasional maternity shirt.

Sleep: Slightly better, only waking up once a night to pee. Although the 5 am sun is for the freaking birds. The sunlight has enabled Ellie to wake up at the crack of dawn. I just ordered blackout curtains for her room and paid an arm and a leg for them to get here by tomorrow.

Best moment this past week: Finishing my school year. This year was seriously the MOST difficult in my entire 6 years of teaching. I'm embarrassed to admit there were a couple of times I seriously almost walked away, but I didn't. I held out and I'm so glad I did. I learned and grew more as a teacher than any other year. My kids, whom came in the lowest, continued to grow like rockstars. I just found out 91% of them met or exceeded on the AIMS math test and 86% on reading. Considering where they started, that's AMAZING. Mind seriously blown and I'm SO, SO proud of them. It was a great ending (for the time being) to a career I loved, and onto the career I've always longed for, a stay at home mom.
 
Miss Anything? Deli meaaaaaat. I forgot how difficult it is for an addict me to give sandwiches up during pregnancy!

Movement: I feel lots of little twinges and what feels like fluttering movements inside (not legit kicks by any means), but I don't know that it's actual baby at this point. I know 2nd time moms often feel things a lot earlier, but even as a STM, I think it still might be too early.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not in particular. My sense of smell has really heightened, which I don't remember with Ellie. Some smells gross me out (mostly condiments, cigarettes are a million time worse than normal-I swear, I can smell them 5 cars away from me) , but it doesn't necessarily make me queasy.

Labor Signs: nope!
 
Gender: I'm thinking girl, but it's obviously too soon to find out.

Symptoms: Most everything is the same. I'm still nauseous every morning, but it continues to fade by the afternoon/evenings. My boobs also continue to grow by the minute, but I don't think anyone's complaining. ;)
 
Belly Button in or out? Definitely in!

Wedding rings on or off? on


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!


Looking forward to: My next appointment on Tuesday, getting my hairs did on Wednesday, then our vacation to La Jolla!

11 weeks


I'm well aware that my lime looks more like a lemon, but I swear I use green chalk!
Peanut is the size of a lime. LIME.
 
And really, there is only one lime in there, despite what my bump may lead you to believe.
 

http://www.topbabyblogs.com/cgi-bin/topblogs/in.cgi?id=bfaith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment