Sunday, June 29, 2014

16 weeks | Baby 2 .0


What's new?
Peanut can finally hear my voice! I love that he (??) can ear me yelling at the dogs singing and reading books to Ellie all day long.
Baby's hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows have started growing. 
Baby has started forming taste buds. In fact, today Baby was craving Trader Joes honey wheat pretzel sticks dipped in TJ cookie butter, followed by TJ spicy peanut vinaigrette.
Happy Baby = Happy Mama.
Peanut's head is starting to look more like a baby -- ears and eyes moving towards their final placement.
Baby had tonenails and even pumps 25 quarts of blood through its heart a day!!
 


How far along? 16 weeks
 
Baby's size? avocado- about 4.5 inches in size
 
Total weight gain: 6 pounds

Maternity clothes? Yep. I'm officially wearing maternity clothes about half the time.

Sleep: Ehh.. I'm almost giving up at this point.

Best moments this past week: I had a great appointment on Tuesday. We got to hear Peanut's heartbeat! Baby is as healthy as can be. :) JP and I also had a date night, sans the baby and it was amazing! Honestly, all we did was go to dinner at the Keg, but you forget how much you enjoy an adult only dinner out!
 
Miss Anything? Nothing in particular.

Movement: I still feel itty bitty flutters when I'm laying down, but there haven't been any indefinite kicks just yet.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Still struggling to really enjoy food most of the time though.

Labor Signs: Technically, no. I still get a few Braxton Hicks contractions most days though. I'm trying to drink a lot of water to keep them at a minimum.
 
Gender: Still 110% positive it's a boy according to my mama instincts. :) We'll find out for sure on July 16th!

Symptoms: BH contractions, occasional nausea, and I *think* the headaches are slowly going away. **knock on wood** I'm finally reaching the point of loving pregnancy again, just like I did with Ellie.
 
Belly Button in or out? It's on its way out - about half way there.

Wedding rings on or off? on


Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm really happy overall, but this week my hormones took on a whole new level of crazy. It was an emotional week, y'all!


Looking forward to: Celebrating JP's 32nd birthday tonight with friends and our annual 4th of July vacation to the cabin in Flagstaff. 

16 weeks
 
Despite the size of my belly, I can assure you: I am 16 weeks, not 26.

http://www.topbabyblogs.com/cgi-bin/topblogs/in.cgi?id=bfaith


No comments:

Post a Comment