Sunday, October 26, 2014

Emerson's Nursery

It didn't take long for me to decide I wanted a purple and gold nursery once we found out we were having another girl. While I love Ellie's classic pink girly nursery {here}, I wanted something different. I had a million ideas in my head and it was fun bringing them to life.
 
Finally, here it is.
And it's exactly what I wanted. We're in love!
 
Sweet Baby Emerson's Nursery
 
Finding the perfect bedding seriously gave me heart palpitations.
I'm sure being the most indecisive person on the planet didn't help either.
 
 
I used a can of spray paint and letters to DIY Emerson's name.
The canvas nursery art might be my favorite pieces.
I'll Eat You Up I Love You So
Hello Sweet Beautiful Girl
 
 
 
 

The chair is actually a plum purple, despite the brown depicted with the light.
My mom made gorgeous purple curtains that I LOVED, but unfortunately, they didn't go well with the lavender walls and plum chair. Though they're not my favorite, these backup curtains match the rocker perfectly.
 
 
 
I'm obsessed with Em's closet. The right side has built in shelves and drawers.


I knew I wanted a tissue garland, but refused to pay Etsy prices, so I decided to DIY. It took longer than I expected, but it was super simple and cheap! The frames came from various places and currently house digital art that JP created, but most will be replaced with actual photos.
 
 
 
I'm obsessed with the collage wall! Again, JP created the temporary digital art in most of the frames. Though some were thrifted, most of the frames came from Hobby Lobby.
 
 
 
I knew I wanted stripes in this room, regardless of having a girl or boy. They were definitely more challenging than we anticipated, but I love how this wall turned out!
 
 
http://www.topbabyblogs.com/cgi-bin/topblogs/in.cgi?id=bfaith
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Nice article.. Thanks for sharing it……
    https://www.babypair.com

    ReplyDelete