Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fish Tacos

Since I've had a tough time eating meat, especially chicken, fish has been making quite the appearance in our diets. Although I have to limit it to twice a week due to the mercury content. These tacos are the bomb.com and have quickly become a healthy favorite in our home. They're super simple to make and oh-so-delicious.

Step 1: Salsa! This simple mixture is really what makes this dish.
2 mangos
1 cucumber
2-3 small tomatoes
about half of a red onion
1 can of jalapenos or green chilies
salt and pepper
Chop up all of your ingredients and mix! The amount of jalapenos or chilies you decide to use depends on your desire for spice. We I like spicy food, so I use a 7oz. can.



Step 2: The Fish
white fish fillets (we like Tilapia)
olive oil
seasoning (I use salt, pepper, and cayenne red pepper)
seasoned breadcrumbs
Cut your fish into small chunks. Place your fish into a bowl and toss with the rest of the ingredients. I don't use a specific amount of each, it just depends on how many fillets I'm making.
Broil the fish on high for about 5 minutes. Flip the pieces over and broil for another 5 minutes.



Step 3: Final Touches
all of which are optional depending on how awesome you are your preference
white corn tortillas
cabbage or lettuce
shredded cheese
sour cream
guacamole
lime
Wrap the tortillas in a wet paper towel and warm them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Top the tortilla with your fish, salsa, and any additional toppings. If you're a Sriracha fan like I am, you might enjoy a dab or two (or ten in my case) in each of your tacos. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment