Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hello BABY!

We had an appointment with Dr. Reuss today. It went really, really well!!!

Here's out sweet little Baby Bear as of today. He/she is measuring right on schedule at 10 weeks 3 days. The heartbeat was 170 bpm! Baby was sleeping in relaxing, but it didn't take long for her to gain a burst of energy. She started kicking her legs like crazy and then I swear she was waving to us with both hands. Melt my heart. We both (sorry to throw you under the bus, pumpkin) teared up, it was truly incredible. So, without further ado, here's our beautiful baby!

Here's the profile view. You can see the umbilical cord attached. Look at how large the head is compared to the rest of the body! Don't get too excited. I promise, I'm not growing an alien baby.
 This is what the baby is supposed to look like at this stage. 


Here, we're looking at Baby head on (no pun intended). You can see her sweet little (BIG) head, 
her hands, part of her body, and feet down at the bottom. Part of her body looks transparent
 simply because of the position she was in.  I can assure you, her body parts are in fact attached and not floating around in my uterus. :)
 

I think it's absolutely fascinating that she's about the size of a prune, yet she already has all these 
features, including all of her primary body organs. Simply amazing!!


Look how much our little Bear has changed in just a few weeks. Just three short weeks ago at 7 weeks 1 day, Baby M looked more like this. It's heartbeat was 136 (that a bean!) beats per minute, which was right where it should have been at the time. I know it looks like a little blob of nothing, but it's our little blob of something! :)

!

There you have it folks. We no longer have a little bean and instead a BABY!


**Disclaimer: It's too soon to know the gender, however, I feel pretty strongly that Baby Bear is a girl. Therefore, you may or may not see me referring to the baby as a girl more and more often. Poor thing, I may have to go back and edit all the old posts if I find out it's really a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment