Monday, July 30, 2012

15 weeks

Baby is now about 4 inches long and weighs about 2.5 ounces. Her legs are longer than her arms and judging by mommy and daddy's height, they're probably pretty long. :) Although her eyelids are still shut, she can sense outside (of the womb) light and pressure. Mommy can sense an experiment somewhere in here... It's around this time that Baby can begin hearing outside sounds. Perfect timing with school starting up - lots of read-alouds, songs, cheers, and chants! :) We haven't done a whole lot of talking to my belly, but I think this will change relatively quickly as well.

How far along? 15 weeks
Baby's size? an apple (or orange, yuck!)
Total weight gain:  4 pounds
Maternity clothes? I've worn a couple shirts just because I like them, but not because I necessarily need them. I have, however, needed my amazing belly band when wearing some of my shorts and work pants.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well, minus the trips to the bathroom.

Best moment this past week: We loved seeing how much Baby had grown on Tuesday. We also shared the news with the rest of the world (facebook). Which by the way, how sad is it that we refer to the public or the rest of the world as facebook? What is this world coming to?! Anyhow, it's such a great feeling to get so much love and support.
Miss Anything? sushi!!!
Movement:
nope - hopefully soon!
Food cravings: The lemonade is still rocking. my. world.
Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender Prediction: girl 
Symptoms: I sometimes forget the I'm pregnant because everything seems to be going so well and I've been so busy lately, but then I'm quickly reminded by the headaches!!! I'm telling you, this has by far been my worst symptom. Even the nausea (which still isn't 100% gone) isn't as bad as the headaches. They usually last anywhere from 2-8 hours, no joke. It's bad.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've been really happy and without any sort of crazy hormones. :) Although the headaches make me want to rage (and maybe punch someone in the face) at times.

Looking forward to: Meeting all my students!

The belly is still growing away! While my striped picture a couple weeks ago may have appeared as though I'd "popped," I still don't think I've hit that point.


 However! I was walking through the hallway at work the other day and came upon a few giggling students (I'm thinking 6th graders - not my kids!). As I got closer, one couldn't help himself, "SHE THINKS YOU'RE PREGNANT!" I was so, so taken back and didn't know how to respond. What did I do? Giggled at myself and marched my pregnant butt right past them. I was not ready for students to notice! 

I figured last year's kids would see me and notice right away. I was ready for that - on Thursday at our Open House! Not this particular day. I also wasn't ready to tell this year's kids and parents. Looks like I'll be out in the open from the get-go. Awesome.


Happy Monday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment