Monday, July 23, 2012

14 weeks - 2nd trimester!

I'm officially in the 2nd trimester - YAY! 

So, Baby M is doing quite a few things to keep busy in there nowadays. She can pee, squint, frown, and even suck her thumb! Ahh..the life! Kidding. She's about 3 1/2 inches long and weighs 1.5 ounces. Her body  is now growing at a faster rate than her head - thank goodness. Lord knows that Baby doesn't need a bigger head than she's already guaranteed to get based on mommy and daddy's genes! Finally, she's starting to develop lanugo, which is super fine hair that covers her body. Grow away! Baby M needs all the hair she can get - again based on her mommy and daddy's genes. :)

How far along? 14 weeks
Baby's size? a lemon - about the size of your fist!
Total weight gain:  3.5 pounds
Maternity clothes? Not yet!

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well, minus the trips to the bathroom.

Best moment this past week: I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday celebrating my birthday with friends and family and loved every moment! I have one more little celebration to go - Wednesday with my family. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Baby M is joining a world filled with love!
Miss Anything? sushi!!!
Movement:
nope - hopefully soon!
Food cravings: My obsession with lemonade seems to be getting a bit ridiculous.
Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender Prediction: girl 
Symptoms: The headaches are still frequent. The 14 year old had also resurfaced on my face, which was obviously fabulous. It seems to be fading though and so do the backaches!!! YAY! (knock on wood!)
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm not going to lie, this past week was really rough. I had a great weekend, but the rest of week was full of stress, frustration, exhaustion, and tears. I really need to teach myself how to better handle the pregnancy hormones.

Looking forward to: Our appointment with Dr. Reuss tomorrow and announcing the pregnancy to the rest of the world. :)

Here we have it folks, 14 weeks of belly! Really...14 weeks of thickness. My intestines and whatever other body parts are getting smashed upward make my entire torso expand in every direction! Still learning to adjust with all of these changes as you can see.

Here's what are sweet pea should look like right about now. I can't wait for our ultrasound tomorrow 
to see a real picture (ultrasound) of our baby. :)
Happy Monday!
I officially go back to work today, so we'll see how "happy" it is by the end of the day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment