Monday, July 16, 2012

13 weeks

I've pretty much finished the first trimester with only a few more days to go (Thursday to be exact). This is definitely a big milestone, as the chance of miscarriage has dropped to 2-3%. Which means we'll also go more public with the pregnancy. Finally! It's been so hard keeping this secret for so long. A good friend of mine didn't find out she was pregnant until 8 weeks, so before she knew it, she was out of the first trimester! We found out at 3 weeks 6 days, so I feel like we've been holding this in foooooorrrreeeevveerrrr (Sandlot, anyone?!). I'm ready for it to be out and in the open!

As for Baby M, she's growing away (as if the picture of me below didn't already give this away!). She's about 3 inches long, weighs an ounce, and her head is slowly but surely become more proportionate to the rest of her body - good-bye Alien Baby! She even has her own fingerprints! If this little baby is a girl (which I'm still willing to bet money on), she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries (eggs she won't be using for at least 35 years!!!!) Finally.....wait for it.. the intestines are now on the inside of her body. Did you know that the intestines begin developing outside of the body in the umbilical cord?! News to me! You (read: I) will be happy to hear that around this time they're truckin' along to their proper home inside of the body. WEIRD.

How far along? 13 weeks
Baby's size? a PEACH! Speaking of peaches, I think I need one. Now.
Total weight gain:  2-3 pounds depending on the day, although I swear it looks like I've gained 10!!
Maternity clothes? Not yet!

Sleep: I'm sleeping well, minus the trips to the bathroom and the back pain.

Best moment this past week: It was putting an offer in on a house we were in love with, until finding out someone accepted the counter given within hours of us dropping off our offer. Boo! Only, we've since found a couple more we're interested in. We'll see what happens!
Miss Anything? still missing my energy :(
Movement:
nope!
Food cravings: anything sweet and lemonade
Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender Prediction: girl (noticed, I changed it to prediction)
Symptoms:
I'm still nauseous in the morning, but it goes away once I eat something. The biggest frustration is back pain. I almost constantly have a sharp pain near the lower left part of my back.  I've also been getting headaches at night, which I usually try to cure by going to bed.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy!

Looking forward to: My birthday on Saturday! I'm not looking forward to this being my last official week of summer vacation though.


Here we have it folks, 13 weeks! I feel like my belly is changing by the minute. It's 
more round as opposed to a little beer-like looking belly, which is great. However, getting 
use to this belly that I've never had is hard y'all! Granted, this was after a big dinner  
(followed by Cold Stone ice cream), but still. Holy Belly!

Uhh, so here's Baby M as of now. I may or may not be the only one that loves
looking at these pictures, so forgive me if you're not a fan. However, since it's my blog, I do what I want. :) 
Look at our precious little bean!
 

2 comments:

  1. Holy Baby Belly is right!!!!!! You've got a baby bump!!!!! :D Yay!! Super cute, Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That belly came out of no where! You look great, though!

    ReplyDelete