Monday, July 9, 2012

12 weeks!

3 months. 12 weeks. 84 days. 28 weeks to go. 195 days left.


I've reached the 12 week mark. Some consider this to be the end of the 1st trimester. I think 13 weeks 3 days is more accurate. So, I'm nearing the end of 1st tri and it feels wonderful, mostly just because I'm hoping I fit right into the statistics and become one of the women with endless energy and drive during 2nd tri. I have yet to see this affect taking place on my body.


Baby Mullan is now 2 inches long and ways a half ounce! Her reflexes are in full force - opening and closing her hands, curling her sweet little toes, and making sucking movements with her mouth (starting early, eh?). My favorite part (which I promise has no indication of the type of mother I'll be) is that if I poke and prod at my stomach, Baby Mullan will squirm in response. It's too soon to feel the movements, which is probably a good thing for Baby's sake. I promise that I will not poke and prod my child once she's out of my uterus. :)

How far along? 12 weeks
Baby's size? a plum
Total weight gain:  3 pounds
Maternity clothes? Not yet!

Sleep: I'm still making it through most days without napping. Sleep at night comes and goes. Sometimes it's great, others not so much. I get up way too many times to use the restroom and the internal alarm clock is over-welcoming its stay.
Best moment this past week: We spent the weekend in Flagstaff with my in-laws for my father-in-law's 60th birthday. 80 degree cooler weather, yes please! We honestly had a great weekend and coming back to the 110+ degree weather was not fun.
Miss Anything? my energy!
Movement:
nope!
Food cravings: everything sweet
Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender: I'm still banking on a baby girl.
Symptoms:
I thought most of my symptoms had disappeared. The nausea has resurfaced a bit in the mornings, I'm super achy, and my back sucks at life. I guess it's not a symptom necessarily, but my growing belly is definitely changing! The shape is a bit different and it's higher. While I wish I was sporting a cute little baby bump, I'm so fascinated by my growing belly!
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I was much less emotional this week, which I'm sure JP was thrilled about. Overall, very happy!

Looking forward to: 2nd trimester!


The in between stage - the one between normal looking and pregnant that just makes me look like I ate one too many bowls of ice cream (this may or may not be true) isn't pretty.



And this is what Baby M is looking like nowadays. :)

1 comment: