Monday, September 10, 2012

21 weeks

Baby Girl is keeping busy in there! She's about to go through a growth spurt, packing on all sorts of ounces (not pounds!), meaning I'll continue to expand every .025 seconds. Most babies are about 10.5 inches now, although our little overachiever is probably bigger. She's definitely showing off her moves, although I'm still debating whether or not she's practicing her high kicks or for her black belt in karate. One of the two.

She is now capable of dreaming (probably about her wonderful mommy!). Her eyebrows and lids are fully developed as well. Baby Girl can now taste what I'm eating since she's now swallowing amniotic fluid. I guess this means I should start eating more veggies! She spends her days sucking on her thumb and jabbing mama's precious vital organs. I am of course that mom that loves every. single. second. (for now).

How far along? 21 weeks
Baby's size? pomegranate (side note, last week she was not the size of a cantaloupe - The Bump was playing mind games! She was actually the size (length) of a banana).
Total weight gain: 10 pounds (insert major freakout moment here)
Maternity clothes? Yeah, but I still wear more non-maternity than maternity clothing.

Sleep: I'm getting really sick of sleeping on my sides, so it's definitely getting harder. I usually fall asleep on my back, but I go back and forth between each side throughout the rest of the night. The 129 trips to the bathroom don't help either.

Best moment this past week: JP and I both feeling Baby Girl from the outside definitely tops the list. We're also able to see her move now. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time staring at my belly the past 3 or 4 days.
Miss Anything? sushi!!! :(
Movement:
Baby Girl is crazy, folks! She moves all. the. time. (definitely MY child). This past week we were able to feel her from the outside for the first time. I was laying in bed, on my back when I first felt it. JP was able to feel her right away as well. We're even able to see little mini jabs on the outside of my belly. It truly is amazing. While I feel her moving all throughout the tday, we're only able to feel and see the movement from the outside when I'm laying down. JP is already teasing me about how often I lay down with my hands on my stomach! lol
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, unless you count eating too many pieces of candy corn. I had one too many on Saturday and I don't think Baby Girl was happy. That's what I get. I shouldn't be eating that much sugar. No mas, I promise.
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms: Just a whole lot of baby girl movement!
Belly Button in or out? It hasn't changed since last week. It's definitely more flat and wide than anything. The inner part is still slightly popping out inside. Weird, I know.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Usually very happy, but I'll be honest, this weekend was not great and I'm not happy about it.

Looking forward to: Working on Baby Girl's nursery. As many of you know, we're in the process of buying a new house. Since we can't be sure when we'll actually be in the house and we are sure of when Baby Girl will be here (4 months!), we've decided to work on her temporary nursery. It's really important to me for us to have a nursery to bring her home to. So, we've decided to start cleaning out the guest bedroom and make that her room. We'll basically do everything we'd do in the new house, minus the paint. We don't want our renters to have to deal with pink and/or grey walls. So, we'll add the paint when we move into the new house, which will likely happen within the first couple of months of her being here anyway. The nursery, by the way, is going to be so freaking adorable. I can't wait. Think light pink/blush, grey, and ivory and vintage Paris. It's going to be girly and elegant. I'm excited!


21 weeks
 Please ignore the awful hair; I'm getting it done on Saturday!
I also hate this picture, so please, no judging.

..and for your viewing pleasure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment