Monday, September 17, 2012

22 weeks

Breaking News!
Baby Girl officially weighs one pound. Well technically, our baby probably weighs more than a pound, but by 22 weeks a fetus weighs at least a pound and is almost a foot in length!! All the websites tell me she looks like a mini newborn now.

Insert a hormonal pregnant mama's teary eyes here. What's wrong with me?! I can't wait to hold by sweet girl, yet I'm getting teary eyed about how quickly she's growing and she's not even out of my belly! I'm constantly talking about how I can't wait for her to be here, but at the same time, I just want her to remain MY baby forever. I want to keep her for myself, hidden away in my belly, away from everyone forever. Selfish, much?

In other news, Baby Girl is super wrinkly these days. She'll remain this way until she gains enough weight to fill out all the extra skin. Her pancreas is developing (hopefully without too many crazy teenager hormones!). While her eyes are formed, they still lack color and they're also fused shut. I believe they should open within the next month or so? She has started to develop a sense of balance and enjoys exploring her surroundings. Hence, all the jabs at her mama's belly!

How far along? 22 weeks
Baby's size? a papaya (or spaghetti squash)
Total weight gain: 11 pounds - I think I just have to accept the fact that I'm going to gain a pound a week from here on out. I was told to gain anywhere from 25-35. I'm hoping to stay under 30 and if I continue with the trend, this is possible.
Maternity clothes? Yeah, but I still wear more non-maternity than maternity clothing.
Sleep: Eh, it's slowly but surely becoming more difficult. Baby Girl is also most active at night, so it's hard to fall asleep.
Best moment this past week: Seeing my kids' excitement when they won the NFL door decorating contest at school, getting yellow tulips (my favorite!) delivered to work for no reason, and date night with my favorite top the list. I also got my hair done (halleluiah, thanks Alicia!) and ordered a beautiful bridesmaid dress for my friend Katie's wedding. Here's to hoping I lose all the baby weight within 3 months of Baby Girl gracing us with her presence!
Miss Anything? sushi and bruschetta (those that are piled high with soft cheeses and deli meat!)
Movement: Baby Girl continues to rock my (read: her) world. There is no doubt in my mind that this little womb hijacker is none other than the next Gabby Douglas. I've started listening to a lot of classical music to encourage and enlighten our little prodigy child, and she seems to be enjoying it. It keeps me company on my way to work! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just chicken and the smell of BBQ sauce is actually starting to gross me out. Let's talk about cravings for a minute though, they've been weird! I still LOVE lemonade, but I've had a thing for pickles and Doritos lately. I need to come up with something new though, something with less sodium and garbage calories!
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms: Unfortunately, the headaches have resurfaced. On a scale of 1 to 10, they're about a 4, as opposed to a 10 during 1st trimester. They start with pain in my lower neck and then creep up the back of my scull. I've had them almost daily for the past week. I plan on making an appointment with a chiropractor this week.
Belly Button in or out? Still just very shallow, wide, and kind of poking out on the inside.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Super happy! Last weekend was rough and this weekend made up for it tenfold.

Looking forward to: Fall Break!! There are only 3 more weeks
of school until I get a week off! We originally planned on going on a Babymoon during that time. I'm not sure we'll be doing that anymore with all this saving for a house business, but I think we plan to go on at least a long weekend trip.


22 weeks

2 comments: