Friday, September 28, 2012

Thoughts


For Our Future Visitors

As an expecting (and quite obviously first time) mother there are many things that have crossed my mind about having visitors once Eliana is here. While I cannot wait to introduce her to the world and for all of our loved ones to meet our sweet girl, there are (way too many) things I'm constantly thinking and worrying about. Call me uptight, ridiculous, overprotective, whatever you want, I'll take it.

While I won't get into all of those details on here, I recently came across this post. I of course cannot take credit, but it is very well said. A job well done if I do say so myself. :)

The one tiny (okay, who am I kidding? BIG) thing I've worried about with visitors is the smoking. Not only is this a SUPER big deal for visitors that come to the hospital, but even when we're home. I very much intend on being a super germaphobe in general and will ask that anyone holding Eliana wash their hands first. Furthermore, while it's common sense to not smoke around a baby, there are other smoking dangers that are important to note as well.  Third-hand smoke can be incredibly dangerous, particularly for a newborn/baby, so we will avoid this at all costs. If you're coming to visit Eliana, please do not smoke on your way or take a "smoke break" while spending time with her.

I really do mean this in the nicest way possible and we most certainly respect your choices, however, this is really important to us so we hope that you can respect ours as well. We are so, SO excited for visitors, so please do not let this stop you. It's just something we'd like our guests to consider when coming to visit.

Thank you for understanding! :)

Love, your favorite first-time-parents



No comments:

Post a Comment