Wednesday, October 10, 2012

To Each Their Own

First and foremost, let me just say that I respect women and the choices they make about methods of delivery and nourishment for their baby. While I see the overwhelming benefit in doing things such as a vaginal delivery and breastfeeding, the reality is that it just doesn't work for every woman. Even for those that intend on doing one or the other, or both, it doesn't always work out that way for one reason or another. Regardless, I will not criticize a woman and the choices that she makes in regard to these practices and in fact it really bothers me when others do behave in such a manner.

I personally plan on breastfeeding and my goal is to breastfeed for at least 9 months. Just about everyone I talk to says that if you can get past the first 6-8 weeks, it gets so much better. 8 weeks is a long time, but I think I can do it! :)

I also plan on a vaginal delivery and unless absolutely medically necessary, I do NOT want a c-section.

Well, my friends. This woman, HERE, took c-sections to a whole new level.

Holy craziness.


1 comment:

  1. Crazy is right. That was devine intervention that worked on her becuase how she didn't bleed out is just purely amazing. It defies everything. Yes her uterus probably clamped down and stopped that bleeding, but to stop the rest of the bleeding from her abdomen seems impossible. Not to mention she a) chugged rubbing alcohol before doing the procedue and b) never received infection. :/

    ReplyDelete