Monday, October 1, 2012

24 weeks!

Ellie is 24 weeks and growing away. For real. I can't help but think she must have gone through a major growth spurt this week based on several things - the size of my belly, the powerful kicks, and the unfortunate numbers on the scale. She's at least (she's an overachiever, remember?) 1.5 pounds and 14 inches in length. We were able to see her last Tuesday at my checkup. She's SO big friends. I love that she's growing and healthy, but I'm secretly sort of sad that she's so big already. I know many women say time goes slowly, but I feel like it's racing by at lightning speed. Sloooow down, Time! We'll see if I still feel this way in a two months!

In other news, our little girl's brain is quickly developing (into a genius, obvi.). Her taste buds continue to develop, her skin is still rather translucent, and she has yet to gain all the little chub I'll fully enjoy once she's here. However, she'll start packing on the baby fat rather quickly! While our little bean is busy growing (and kicking mama!), she has reached the point that if I were to go into labor from here on out, the doctors would do anything and everything possible to help her thrive and continue growing in the real world. I know it seems silly, but this is really good to hear. :)


How far along? 24 weeks
Baby's size? a cantaloupe (for real this time!)
Total weight gain: 13.5 pounds (umm I'm just going to pretend that this is Ellie's growth spurt  and that I didn't have dessert four times in the past week.)
Maternity clothes? Half-half. My clothes are getting realllly snug though. I've already had to hang quite a few pieces up for the next 3-6 months, especially pants/shorts/jeans.
Sleep: It's getting better, especially with my Boppy Cuddle Pillow that I am l-o-v-i-n-g! I'm still up several times to use the restroom, which is annoying, but if this is the worst of my symptoms, I can deal.
Best moment this past week: JP was out of town for the weekend, which I wasn't a total fan of, but I was able to get a lot done. By a lot I mean I spent all of Saturday shopping with my mom and it was full of all sorts of great moments. Especially the one that included me purchasing my new diaper bag! I got to see some of my absolute favorite teachers on Sunday for a baby shower. I love my team at Imagine, but I seriously love and so desperately miss my Papago team!
Miss Anything? Not peeing every five minutes. Even after I go, I still feel a constant pressure on my bladder, so I basically feel like I need to go all. day. long.
Movement: So much movement, still loving every second! I keep trying to get it on video, but our little babe is apparently camera shy. She's a freaking nutcase and as soon as I get out the camera, she's sound asleep.
Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken!
Labor Signs:  nope
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms: The neck aches and headaches are basically gone. I had an appointment with a chiropractor last week, but I needed to reschedule since I was basically immobile from my toe surgery. I still plan on going to my rescheduled appointment next week.
Belly Button in or out? Still just very shallow, wide, and kind of poking out on the inside. Because I'm feeling extra ballsy at the moment, here's a picture.


Weird, right?

Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm very happy! :)

Looking forward to: FALL BREAK! I absolutely love my class this year, but who doesn't enjoy a paid week off from work? We've decided to scratch the "babymoon" idea since we're just about to purchase a second home. Plus, it's better for JP to save up as much vacation time as he can for our sweet girl's arrival. However, we've decided to take a mini staycation over the weekend in place of a real vacation. I can't wait to indulge in yummy food, lay by the pool, and spend the weekend away from the real world.

24 weeks: Mama


Eliana doesn't know it yet, but fall will be her favorite season. She'll love October, pumpkins, and Halloween just like her mama. Who am I kidding? With the amount of candy corn I've already consumed and the pumpkin scent constantly lingering in our house, she's probably already getting use to it.

24 weeks: Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment