Sunday, October 28, 2012

TWENTY-EIGHT

Eliana is 28 weeks.
We're less than 3 months from her due date.
2 months and some change.
Insert mini freak out moment here.
 
 
Eliana is filling out. She's close to 15 inches and over 2 pounds. Baby girl fills out = Mama fills out. Oh, joy! Please know that while I may make sarcastic and not so pleasant comments about weight gain, I also totally know that it's necessary for Baby Girl. My body is doing exactly what it needs to do in order for her to be healthy and I'm 100% okay with it - even if I end up gaining 40 pounds.
 
Eliana is constantly blinking and responds to light and dark outside of the womb. She's now producing estrogen, which stimulates my body to begin milk production. This should be fun. Hopefully my new found milk makers will refrain from resembling that of a milking cow until after birth.
Knock on wood, please.

How far along? 28 weeks
Baby's size? cabbage
Total weight gain: 20 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes. I can still fit in quite a bit of non-maternity, but I worry about stretching things out. I finally bought a pair of maternity jeans today. It was not my proudest moment.
Sleep: On a scale of 1-10, I'd say it's an 8 with 10 being the best. This is much better than a couple weeks ago, which was maybe a 4 at most.
Best moment(s) this past week: This weekend was pretty great. We went to a Halloween party on Friday (pictures to come!). It was fun, but I'll be completely honest - Halloween parties just aren't the same without a drink or two. We also celebrated our 5 year dating anniversary. While the wedding anniversary will trump all, we enjoyed going out to dinner at the Melting Pot.
Miss Anything? If the above answer didn't give it away - I missed the jungle juice during the Halloween festivities.
Movement: All the time just like her mama! She's moving as we speak. :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new. I'm getting better about adding protein (meat) to my diet, but I still can't stand the thought of a whole chicken breast and even worse, the smell while it's being cooked!
Cravings: I've been on an egg kick lately. I think I eat an egg salad sandwich for lunch almost every day.
Labor Signs: nope
Gender: GIRL!
Symptoms: Nothing new or crazy. The leg cramps are becoming more frequent though.
Belly Button in or out? It's still technically in, but continues to become more stretched out and flat.
Wedding rings on or off? on (although I do realize they're off in this picture)
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm very happy! :)

Looking forward to: Passing out candy on Halloween. Annnd wearing my baby skeleton shirt on Halloween that I'm 100% obsessed with. I'll make a Halloween picture post later this week. Oh, and the pumpkin pie that's currently baking in the oven.

28 weeks: Mama

28 weeks: Ellie

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I love the weekly posts, Brittany :) You are going to be such a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete